Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Ties that Bind

A few weekends ago I was able to fly home to Albuquerque for a visit with the parents. It was a short trip, yes, but a good trip regardless. Given that we hadn't seen each other in almost two years, it was a sweet reunion - made even more so by pregnancy and the little boy I'm carrying. Could there be two more excited grandparents?!

It was good to be around family, feel loved, get away from work, see the mountains, breath crisp air, eat good food (a lot of it!). And that was just on day one.

Mom & dad didn't hold back on the pampering. Have to admit, that was enjoyable. As an adult the times of feeling "special" are few and far between. You get used to being a number, an employee, a participant, a customer, a patient. So to feel "special" again - in a way only parents can achieve - was rejuvenating. I look forward to doing the same for my children.



Even though Matthew lives in Dallas and we get to spend time with him, I cannot speak of family time without mentioning my dearest brother. (Hope you don't mind me posting a pic of you on the internets.)



Also ... WE HAVE A STROLLER AND CAR SEAT!!! Reference aforementioned parental pampering.

1 comment:

ProfSharon alias "Aunt Sharon" said...

Hello - I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit with your parents! We new grandparents get thrilled beyond words! And, thank you for posting a picture of your brother! I recommend the two of you go on Facebook and look at pictures of your Uncle Pat and your cousin Issac -- there's an amazing resemblance:)!! I look forward to hearing of the baby's arrival!! Great-grandma Ella would be thrilled to know there are two more greats on the way!