Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Poison

Over the past year or so it's become blatantly clear to me what a selfish person I am. I never would have previously described myself in such a way ... but things change. Obviously. I'm pregnant. That's change on a massive level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't help but feel that selfishness, pregnancy, and baby will not go well together. So I have the next couple of months to work on being a little less selfish (I doubt I will EVER be totally rid of it).

Step number one in the non-selfish direction: discontinue the consumption of wine. Not that I was a HUGE consumer of it. But once someone tells you you're not allowed to have something, it's all you want. So the search was on to find something that could somehow, in some meager way, serve as a wine substitute.

As I meandered through the aisles of Target this weekend, I found something that just might do the trick. Oh, Target. You have never failed me! In short, Archer Farms Blood Orange Italian Soda. I can totally pour this stuff into a wine glass and pretend. Sure, wine isn't supposed to be carbonated. Minor detail. It's a new thing the Australians are doing, right?



Side note -- if you haven't previously noticed how hard it can be to find beverages that do not have high fructose corn syrup in them ... trust me. It can be tricky. Until recently, I was unaware that they even put the stuff in crackers. Oh, come on!

No comments: