Friday, August 27, 2010

Melon, Melon, Bo-Belon

Oh my. I have a little boy roughly the size of a cantaloupe in my belly. And I thought the orange sounded big. Next week he'll be even bigger! At this point, I can't help but reference one of my favorite movies:



I know I keep going back to this, but I can't believe how much he's moving now. I love it! I'm still not used to it, though. Honestly I hope I never am. It's just so amazing. The kid has a strong enough kick now that Collin can feel it, too, when he puts his hand on my belly.

This past weekend was tax free weekend in Texas. We ventured out into the crowds in search of new clothes. (I'm gettin' bigger, Collin is gettin' smaller.) It was madness! Worse than Christmas. Seriously. Nobody has anything better to do than go spend money. Talk about the perfect set-up for crankiness ... 100 degree temperatures, terrible traffic, rude people. In the end I don't think we even saved that much money. BUT, to have pants that fit and do not cut off the circulation to my feet is a glorious, glorious thing. (Collin looks cute in his new pants, too. Extra bonus.)

Side note: These belly panels they put in maternity pants are kind of like having an extreme version of granny panties attached to your jeans.

Baby NOT fetus!

1 comment:

Courtney Hofmann said...

you're fun.... i miss you!