Monday, July 12, 2010

Gain Some, Lose Some

A few short months ago I scored a super cute pair of gray corduroys at Banana Republic. And they were on sale! I cannot tell you how excited I was (and still am) about these pants. I have wanted corduroys for years but never purchased a pair for various reasons. But this pair of corduroys ... well, they were perfect. Great color. Great fit. And I mentioned they were on sale, right? Insanely cheap. I - LOVE - THESE - PANTS.

Fast forward to last week. I had put the treasured corduroys aside for the sweltering summer months in Texas, but decided to pull them back out again because the office is so cold. (Why does everyone in Texas need their air conditioning set to 60!?) The good news? I still love the corduroys. The bad news? I fill them out much better than I did in the spring. Suffice it to say, it was a bit of a tight squeeze. Had you seen me at the office that day, you would have witnessed more than one grimace on my face.

What's that? A "P" next to that size 4? P as in petitite? Not anymore.



But this story has a bright side. Lose one pair of corduroys, gain one pair of capris. These capris were another score at Banana Republic. They have never fit me very well, unlike the treasured corduroys, but I bought them because they were on sale and I convinced myself I could make them fit. Not so much. Until now. They fit PERFECT. And I mean PERFECT.

See you in few months, corduroys. I will miss you so.



Today's side note: I love this picture. I can very easily pretend that's me in the picture. On a vacation. With food. Aaaaahhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Banana Republic Blues?

Cute story line... I think its called the Ups and Downs... Pun intended. Nice pictures you appear to be bubbling. It agrees with you Becca. Abba and His wonders to perform -- Hallelujah!

Love,
Daddy-O